Writing an article does not just mean putting down thoughts into words then typing and writing it. You have to capture the interest of your readers and get them to keep on reading. To send your message across you have to get the attention of the reader and have a firm grasp of their interest and pique their curiosity. Read on for 5 writing tips to get your creative juices going.
The main factor in writing up an article is a large dose of creativity. While creativity may come natural to many people, some just gets into a block or something to that effect that can drive someone crazy. Many writers have literally torn their hair out when they get writers block and just can’t seem to get their creative juices flowing. I know I have come very close at times.
Putting words into images in the readers mind is an art. A clear and crisp depiction requires a certain flair that only creativity can provide. Similes and metaphors help a lot, but the way an article becomes entwined word -for -word, sentence- by-sentence, and then paragraph-by-paragraph into a whole article develops the essence of the article.
So what do you do when nothing comes to mind and your screen is blank? There is no surefire ways to illicit brilliant ideas but there are easy ways to get your creative juices flowing. No one can guarantee you of having the perfect mindset but many methods may aid you in reaching that state of mind. Here are five easy ways to help you.
5 Writing Tips
1) Keep a diary or a journal with you always. There are many apps on your phone most likely that you can store notes on while you are on the go. Ideas are triggered by anything you may hear, see, or smell. Once you tap in, your senses are your radar in finding great ideas. Write all of them into a journal or note keeper and keep it with you for future reference. You may also write down anything that you have read or heard, someone’s ideas are perfect to use to develop your own ideas and this is not stealing. Remember that ideas and creativity can come from anywhere; the development of the idea is what makes it unique.
2) Relax and take time to sort out any distractions. A jumbled mind cannot create any space for new ideas. A clear mind is crucial if you wish to have your creativity in full speed. Get rid of all obstacles that can be a hindrance to your creativity. If something is bothering you, it will be difficult for your mind to stay focused.
Take a moment to relax every time that you can and think about your experiences and interactions with others. Your experiences are what shape your mindset and your opinions, which reflect in your writings. By discovering yourself, you learn what triggers your emotions. Discover what inspires you and what upsets you. You can use these emotions to help you in expressing yourself and your ideas, with this you can grow creatively.
3) Establish a working place that can inspire your creativeness. Your working place can be quite a hindrance if it does not make you feel happy or relaxed. Creativity comes from being in a good state of mind and a messed up workplace that causes distraction will not be conducive in firing up your creative flow.
Surround your working place with objects that makes you happy and relaxed. You may put up pictures, or scents, objects that inspire, or anything that can get your creativeness cranking. I recommend some visual form of your goals, like where you want to live or what dream cars will you buy. A clean and well-organized workplace also rids of distractions and unwanted hindrances. With a comfortable working place, you can work in peace and never notice the time pass by.
4) Get in the mood. Getting in the mood requires you go with the moment and immerse your self in the subject or story you wish to convey. The more you write; you increase your confidence and initiate good habits that allow your mind to work its best. Finding out what makes you tick can help you find ways to get your creative juices flowing. Set the pace and tempo for your mood and everything else will follow.
5) Go on a getaway and just do something new and fun. You do not need spend any money this is time for you which is priceless. Letting yourself go and have fun produces adrenaline that can make your imagination go wild. Take an adventure or a solemn hike. Whatever it is that is unusual from your daily routine can take the rut out of your schedule. In no time at all, your creativeness will make use of that experience and get your imagination to go on overdrive.
There you have it, 5 writing tipss to get your creative juices flowing. I hope that you found this information useful. I encourage your comments and questions, simply use the comment tool or connect with me using the links below.